Monday, May 10, 2010

its about time.

Wow. Its been a while but i have been working hard, i promise.
Today i thought would be a great day to post since i've exposed my first screen at home in my dodgy set up. Well i should say that i OVEREXPOSED my first screen.
The set up went well and i learned a lot. Including that if you are exposing in your garage make sure to unplug the automatic garage door opener so that someone doesn't open it from the other side! I saved the screen in time and brought it inside to dry however after labouring and caring for the poor thing i did end up overexposing it. I underestimated the power of my sweet light set up!
I even figured out my new power washer; which was a very good time. Flashes of summer water fights came to mind and i thought i would definitely be the one everyone would run from!...back to the screen printing.....
I did however reclaim the screen and although i have run out of time today i will hopefully try it again tomorrow night (or maybe even tonight!).
I can't stop thinking of all the amazing imagery i will be able to plaster everywhere...oh and the gifts of t-shirt, aprons, bags...oh my!
These thoughts are keeping me going, not to mention that the first thing i shot onto the screen was the text 'Don't give up'. I would recommend this to anyone who is screen printing at home for the first time. It takes the edge off.
Wish me luck on attempt number 2~

*****Check this book out if you are printing for the first time or starting to print again after a while. It has been a huge help to me:
Print Liberation; the screen printing primer by Nick PAparone and Jamie Dillon with Luren Jenison

No comments:

Post a Comment