Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cabin Fever

I am always excited to escape the city and would love to call one of these amazing locales home. One day. Forsure. For now I've been wasting time dreaming via Pinterest thanks to such pinners as: Elysia Calkins and Sparrow Girl who have pinned amazing images of northern cabins and deteriorating homes. Constant inspiration. So much so that I've decided to screen print them into t-shirt and posters. Here are the graphics in the making. the t-shirt and a bag: If the cabin/cottage idea is peaking your interest check out this May's Cottage Life. There are a couple articles about small cabins and temporary cottages that i found really interesting. Often the idea of a summer home is only for the wealthy or those lucky enough to have a family cottage, these articles are more about understanding what you really need in a cottage. I like that it isn't about having a separate room for each person. Some of the best times I've spent at cottages have been in the busy kitchen making dinner with friends and family or meeting new people and sleeping on a blow-up mattress beside them. This type of forced community is hard to find. Don't get me wrong, i like my own space as much as the next cidiot (city/idiot) but that's when i escape to the outdoors....well as long as the black flies are okay with it. I'm getting a bunch of products together to shoot and post in my etsy shop...coming soon. Really i promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment